A16 San Diego: Wednesday, July 8 • A16 West L.A.: Friday, July 10
Triple-crown thru-hiker and A16'er Shian Sung will talk about his experiences hiking the three major U.S. long-distance trails:
• The Appalachian Trail: 2,189 miles from Springer Mountain, GA to Mount Katahdin, ME
• The Continental Divide Trail: 3,100 miles from Canada to Mexico along the Continental Divide
• The Pacific Crest Trail: 2,650 miles from Mexico to Canada through the Sierra Nevada and Cascades.
If you've ever wanted to thru-hike one or all of these premiere long-distance backpacking trail trails, don't miss this show!
• Gear & trip planning
• Differences & similarities between each trail
• Highlights and challenges of each trail
• Insider's tips
HAPPY 1/2-HOUR: 6:30pm; PCT SLIDE PRESENTATION: 7pm
A16 San Diego: Wednesday, July 8
A16 West LA: Friday, July 10
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Shian Sung is an avid long-distance backpacker and former backpacking guide who loves playing in the outdoors. He has completed the backpacking "triple crown" with thru-hikes of the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail and Continental Divide Trail.